Mayo Clinic doctors are conducting clinical trials of new ways to diagnose and treat gastroparesis. Researchers in the Enteric Neuroscience Program are studying the underlying mechanics of the digestive system, including nerve reflexes between the stomach and brain, as well as new methods of gastric biopsy to better understand the underlying causes of gastroparesis. Mayo researchers are also studying new therapies for diabetic gastroparesis.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on gastroparesis on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Jan. 15, 2014
- Arthur Beyder, M.D., Ph.D.
- Adil E. Bharucha, MBBS, M.D.
- Michael Camilleri, M.D.
- Gianrico Farrugia, M.D.
- Jean C. Fox, M.D.
- Amy E. Foxx-Orenstein, D.O.
- Madhusudan (Madhu) Grover, MBBS
- Purna C. Kashyap, MBBS
- Yuri A. Saito Loftus, M.D., M.P.H.
- Lawrence A. Szarka, M.D.
- Camilleri M, et al. Clinical guideline: Management of gastroparesis. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2013;108:18.
- Gastroparesis. The National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/gastroparesis/Pages/facts.aspx. Accessed Oct. 27, 2014.
- Gastroparesis. American College of Gastroenterology. http://patients.gi.org/topics/gastroparesis/. Accessed Oct. 27, 2014.
- Camilleri M. Gastroparesis: Etiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 27, 2014.
- Camilleri M. Treatment of gastroparesis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 27, 2014.
- Bouras EP, et al. Gastroparesis: From concepts to management. Nutrition in Clinical Practice. 2013;28:437.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 14, 2014.
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 25, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.