SymptomsBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Signs and symptoms of gastroparesis include:
- A feeling of fullness after eating just a few bites
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Changes in blood sugar levels
- Lack of appetite
- Weight loss and malnutrition
When to see a doctor
Make an appointment with your doctor if you have any signs or symptoms that worry you.
Jan. 15, 2014
- Camilleri M, et al. Clinical guideline: Management of gastroparesis. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2013;108:18.
- Gastroparesis. The National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/gastroparesis/Pages/facts.aspx. Accessed Oct. 27, 2014.
- Gastroparesis. American College of Gastroenterology. http://patients.gi.org/topics/gastroparesis/. Accessed Oct. 27, 2014.
- Camilleri M. Gastroparesis: Etiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 27, 2014.
- Camilleri M. Treatment of gastroparesis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 27, 2014.
- Bouras EP, et al. Gastroparesis: From concepts to management. Nutrition in Clinical Practice. 2013;28:437.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 14, 2014.
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 25, 2014.