- Diagnostic expertise. State-of-the-art imaging, some of it developed at Mayo Clinic, helps Mayo Clinic doctors find the cause of your GI bleeding. Mayo Clinic doctors treat more than 2,500 people each year for GI bleeding.
- Advanced treatments. Mayo Clinic doctors have experience using the latest techniques to repair your GI bleeding. Treatment is tailored to your specific needs.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for digestive disorders.
Oct. 21, 2015
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Gastrointestinal bleeding. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed July 24, 2015.
- Strate L. Etiology of lower gastrointestinal bleeding in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 24, 2015.
- Rockey DC. Major causes of upper gastrointestinal bleeding in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 24, 2015.
- Marx JA, et al., eds. Gastrointestinal bleeding. In: Rosen's Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 24, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 30, 2015.
- Papadakis MA, et al., eds. Gastrointestinal disorders. In: Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2015. 54th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed July 24, 2015.
- Barlow JM. CT enterography: Technical and interpretive pitfalls. Abdominal Imaging. 2015;40:1081.
- Fletcher JG, et al. New concepts in intestinal imaging for inflammatory bowel diseases. Gastroenterology. 2011;140:1795.
- Bruining DH, et al. Technology insight: New techniques for imaging the gut in patients with IBD. Nature Clinical Practice Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 2008;5:154.
- Picco MF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. Aug. 9, 2015.