Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Jan. 08, 2013
- Sheon RP, et al. Ganglia and nodules. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Oct. 30, 2012.
- Frontera WR, et al. Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Musculoskeletal Disorders, Pain, and Rehabilitation. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1678/0.html. Accessed Oct. 30, 2012.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2013: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-08373-7..00002-9&isbn=978-0-323-08373-7&about=true&uniqId=343863096-23. Accessed Oct. 30, 2012.
- Ganglion cysts. American Society for Surgery of the Hand. http://www.assh.org/Public/HandConditions/Pages/GanglionCysts.aspx. Accessed Oct. 30, 2012.
- Amadio PA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 6, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.