Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
March 10, 2015
- Skinner HB. Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Orthopedics. 5th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookid=675. Accessed Jan. 22, 2015.
- Frozen shoulder. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00071. Accessed Jan. 22, 2015.
- Prestgaard TA. Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 22, 2015.
- Acupuncture. National Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Jan. 22, 2015.
- DeSantana JM, et al. Effectiveness of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation for treatment of hyperalgesia and pain. Current Rheumatology Reports. 2008;10:492.