Your Mayo Clinic care team
At Mayo Clinic, an integrated team of doctors trained in nervous system conditions (neurologists), nervous system and mental health conditions (neuropsychologists), nervous system conditions and radiology (neuroradiologists), speech and language (speech-language pathologists), sleep medicine, and physical medicine and rehabilitation collaborate to evaluate and treat frontotemporal dementia.
Mayo Clinic doctors evaluate and treat more than 200 people with frontotemporal dementia each year.
Mayo Clinic researchers study risk factors, diagnostic techniques and treatment options for frontotemporal dementia and other conditions. You may be eligible to participate in clinical trials and studies in the Alzheimer's Disease Research Center.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery and for rehabilitation by U.S. News & World Report.
Oct. 29, 2016
- Frontotemporal disorders. National Institute of Aging. https://www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers/publication/frontotemporal-disorders/introduction. Accessed Sept. 16, 2016.
- Burrell JR, et al. The frontotemporal dementia-motor neuron disease continuum. The Lancet. 2016;388:919.
- Frontotemporal disorders. The Alzheimer's Association. http://www.alz.org/dementia/fronto-temporal-dementia-ftd-symptoms.asp. Accessed Sept. 17, 2016.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Alzheimer disease and other dementias. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 17, 2016.
- Lee SE, et al. Frontotemporal dementia: Clinical features and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 16, 2016.
- Warren JD, et al. Frontotemporal dementia. BMJ. 2013;347:1.
- Weishaupt JH, et al. Common molecular pathways in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal dementia. Trends in Molecular Medicine. 2016;22:769.
- Lee SE, et al. Frontotemporal dementia: Treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 16, 2016.
- Caceres CA, et al. Family caregivers of patients with frontotemporal dementia: An integrative review. International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2016;55:71.
- Neurological diagnostic tests and procedures. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/misc/diagnostic_tests.htm. Accessed Sept. 20, 2016.
- Larson EB. Evaluation of cognitive impairment and dementia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 20, 2016.
- Riggin EA. AllScripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 28, 2016.
- Alzheimer's disease research centers. National Institute on Aging. https://www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers/alzheimers-disease-research-centers. Accessed Sept. 19, 2016.
- Participating institutions. Arizona Alzheimer's Research Consortium. http://azalz.org/about-us/participating-institutions/. Accessed Sept. 19, 2016.