Tests and diagnosis
Find out what you can expect during a skin biopsy.
Aug. 21, 2014
- Folliculitis. American Osteopathic College of Dermatology. http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/folliculitis.html. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Folliculitis. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/sec11/ch129/ch129e.html. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Hot tub rash (pseudomonas dermatitis/folliculitis). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/swimming/rwi/illnesses/hot-tub-rash.html. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Pseudofolliculitis barbae. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/sec11/ch134/ch134d.html?qt=pseudofolliculitis barbae&alt=sh. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Rajendran P, et al. HIV-associated eosinophilic folliculitis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=740. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Alexis A, et al. Folliculitis keloidalis nuchae and pseudofolliculitis barbae: Are prevention and effective treatment within reach? Dermatologic Clinics. 2014;32:183.
- AskMayoExpert. Folliculitis. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Baddour LM. Folliculitis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 11, 2014.
- Compton GA. Bacterial skin and soft tissue infections in older adults. Clinics in Geriatric Medicine. 2013;29:443.
- Fraes Diernaes JE, et al. Successful treatment of recalcitrant folliculitis barbae and pseudofolliculitis barbae with photodynamic therapy. Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy. 2013;10:651.
- Laureano AC, et al. Facial bacterial infections: Folliculitis. Clinics in Dermatology. In press. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Mazza J, et al. Pseudomonas folliculitis contracted from rubber gloves: A public health concern. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2013;69:e93.
- Motswaledi MH, et al. The spectrum of HIV-associated infective and inflammatory dermatoses in pigmented skin. Dermatologic Clinics. 2014;32:211.
- Sardana K. Follicular disorders of the face. Clinics in Dermatology. In press. Accessed May 5, 2014.