Sometimes, all you need for arm pain is home treatment. Other times, fractures and nerve problems can require extensive medical care.
Back pain can come on gradually or suddenly. Most back pain responds to home treatment within a few weeks.
When you're breast-feeding, medications aren't necessarily off-limits — but caution is important. Get answers to common questions about breast-feeding and medications.
An occasional cough is normal and healthy. A cough that persists for weeks signals an underlying problem.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Leg pain can be the result of a long-term condition or a sudden injury.
Muscle pain can occur just about anywhere in your body, and there are lots of potential causes.
Nasal congestion: Causes and when to see a doctor.
Runny nose: What's causing your sniffles?
Think getting by on a few hours of sleep is no big deal? Think again.
Oct. 21, 2014
- Labella AM. Influenza. Medical Clinics of North American. 2013;97:621.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed June 19, 2014.
- Dolin R. Epidemiology of influenza. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 19, 2014.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, et al. Prevention and control of seasonal influenza with vaccines. Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices — United States, 2013-2014. MMWR. 2013;62:1. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6207a1.htm?s_cid=rr6207a1_w. Accessed June 15, 2014.
- Zachary KC. Treatment of seasonal influenza in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 15, 2014.
- CDC recommendations for influenza antiviral medications remain unchanged. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/media/haveyouheard/stories/Influenza_antiviral2.html. Accessed June 19, 2014.
- Selecting viruses for the seasonal influenza vaccine. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/vaccine-selection.htm#composition. Accessed June 15, 2014.
- Preventing the flu: Good health habits can help stop germs. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/habits.htm. Accessed June 19, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.