Precocious puberty is a rare condition in which the physical signs of puberty begin to develop too early in children.
Tests and diagnosis
Bone scans can help detect bone disorders and hidden fractures.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Treatments and drugs
You've opted for osteoporosis treatment, but you still have questions. What drug works best? Are injections safer than pills? Here are the answers.
Jul. 07, 2011
- Fibrous dysplasia. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00083. Accessed June 3, 2011.
- Tis JE. Overview of benign bone tumors in children and adolescents. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed June 3, 2011.
- Whyte MP. Osteonecrosis, osteosclerosis/hyperostosis, and other disorders of bone. In: Goldman L, et al. Cecil Medicine. 23rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/191371208-2/0/1492/0.html#. Accessed June 3, 2011.
- Rosenberg AE. Bones, joints and soft-tissue tumors. In: Kumar V, et al. Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2007. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/page.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-0792-2..50031-6--cesec46&isbn=978-1-4377-0792-2&sid=1166563817&uniqId=255806599-7#4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-0792-2..50031-6--cesec64. Accessed June 3, 2011.
- Chapurlat RD, et al. Treatment of fibrous dysplasia of bone with intravenous pamidronate: long-term effectiveness and evaluation of predictors of response to treatment. Bone. 2004;35:235.
- Joglekar SB (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 18, 2011.
- Sim FH (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 18, 2011.