Bone scans can help detect bone disorders and hidden fractures.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Precocious puberty is a rare condition in which the physical signs of puberty begin to develop too early in children.
Most thyroid nodules — lumps in the thyroid gland — cause no problems. But nodules that affect swallowing, produce excess thyroid hormone or are malignant require treatment.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Jul. 08, 2014
- Fibrous dysplasia overview. NIH Osteoporosis and Related Diseases National Resource Center. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Bone/Additional_Bone_Topics/fibrous_dysplasia.asp. Accessed April 17, 2014.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 17, 2014.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed April 17, 2014.
- Tis JE. Benign bone tumors in children and adolescents: An overview. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 17, 2014.
- Canale ST, et al. Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 18, 2014.
- Fibrous dysplasia. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00083. Accessed April 18, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.