Chronic kidney disease, often caused by diabetes or high blood pressure, is the gradual loss of kidney function. Early detection and treatment can help.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
May 24, 2013
- Poloskey, SL, et al. Fibromuscular dysplasia. Cardiology patient page. Circulation. 2012;125:e636-e639.
- Olin, JW, et al. The United States registry for fibromuscular dysplasia: Results in the first 447 patients. Circulation. 2012;125:3182.
- Slovut DP, et al. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of fibromuscular dysplasia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 7, 2013.
- Slovut DP, et al. Treatment of fibromuscular dysplasia of the renal arteries. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 7, 2013.
- Olin JW, et al. Diagnosis, management, and future developments of fibromuscular dysplasia. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2011;53:826.