Mayo Clinic is a leader in fibromuscular dysplasia research. Mayo Clinic's fibromuscular dysplasia clinic performs basic research into the causes of fibromuscular dysplasia and best care practices.
Research efforts underway at Mayo Clinic on fibromuscular dysplasia include a biorepository that includes DNA, serum, plasma and other tissue samples, which are used to study new methods to diagnose and detect fibromuscular dysplasia.
Learn more about research on the research website.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on fibromuscular dysplasia on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
May 24, 2013
- Poloskey, SL, et al. Fibromuscular dysplasia. Cardiology patient page. Circulation. 2012;125:e636-e639.
- Olin, JW, et al. The United States registry for fibromuscular dysplasia: Results in the first 447 patients. Circulation. 2012;125:3182.
- Slovut DP, et al. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of fibromuscular dysplasia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 7, 2013.
- Slovut DP, et al. Treatment of fibromuscular dysplasia of the renal arteries. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 7, 2013.
- Olin JW, et al. Diagnosis, management, and future developments of fibromuscular dysplasia. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2011;53:826.