Lifestyle and home remedies
You might find relief from symptoms of fibrocystic breasts through one of these home remedies:
- Wear a firm support bra, fitted by a professional, if possible.
- Wear a sports bra during exercise and while sleeping, especially when your breasts are extra sensitive.
- Limit or avoid caffeine, a dietary change many women report as helpful, although medical studies of caffeine's effect on breast pain and other premenstrual symptoms have been inconclusive.
- Decrease the fat in your diet, which may decrease breast pain or discomfort associated with fibrocystic breasts.
- Reduce or stop taking hormone therapy if you're postmenopausal — but be sure to talk to your doctor before making any change in your prescription medications.
- Use a heating pad or warm water bottle to relieve your discomfort.