Pregnancy may seem like the perfect time to sit back and relax, but it's actually a great time to get active. Here's why — and how.
Tests and diagnosis
Nonstress test — Overview covers definition and results of this prenatal test.
Treatments and drugs
C-section — Overview covers why it's done, risks, what you can expect and tips for recovery.
April 16, 2015
- Copel JA, et al. Fetal macrosomia. In: Obstetric Imaging. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 8, 2015.
- Allen K, et al. Fetal macrosomia. Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine. 2013;23:6.
- Chatfield J. ACOG issues guidelines on fetal macrosomia. American Family Physician. 2001;64:169.
- Abramocwicz JS, et al. Fetal macrosomia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 8, 2015.
- Vendittelli F, et al. Is prenatal identification of fetal macrosomia useful? European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology. 2012;161:170.
- Negrato CA, et al. Adverse pregnancy outcomes in women with diabetes. 2012;4:41.
- Frequently asked questions. Pregnancy FAQ098. Special tests for monitoring fetal health. American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Special-Tests-for-Monitoring-Fetal-Health . Accessed Feb. 10, 2015.
- Koyanagi A, et al. Macrosomia in 23 developing countries: An analysis of a multicountry, facility-based, cross-sectional survey. The Lancet. 2013:381:476.
- Lim CC, et al. Obesity in pregnancy. Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology. In press. Accessed Feb. 8, 2015.
- Routine prenatal care. Bloomington, Minn.: Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement. https://www.icsi.org/guidelines__more/. Accessed Feb. 8, 2015.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Committee on Practice Bulletins — Obstetrics. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 22: Fetal macrosomia. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2000;96:1.
- Wick MJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 12, 2015.
- Manning FA. The fetal biophysical profile. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 12, 2015.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.