Treatments and drugs
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most common types of psychotherapy. It focuses on specific issues and goals to improve your life.
Psychotherapy is one way to treat many mental illnesses. See how therapy is used and which type may be best for you.
May 02, 2014
- Factitious disorder. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Jan. 10, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 8, 2013.
- Lipsitt DR. Factitious disorder and Munchausen syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 10, 2014.
- Flaherty EG, et al. Caregiver-fabricated illness in a child: A manifestation of child maltreatment. Pediatrics. http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2013/08/20/peds.2013-2045. Accessed Jan. 19, 2014.
- Munchausen syndrome. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/psychiatric_disorders/somatoform_and_factitious_disorders/munchausen_syndrome.html. Accessed Jan. 19, 2014.
- Bright RP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Ariz. Feb. 16, 2014.
- Hall-Flavin DK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 20, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.