Tests and diagnosis
Eye exam — Overview covers definition, what to expect and results of vision testing.
Find out how this battery of blood tests helps your doctor diagnose and monitor liver disease.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
July 22, 2015
- Yanoff M, et al. Uveal melanoma. In: Ophthalmology. 4th ed. Edinburgh, U.K.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 5, 2015.
- Intraocular (eye) melanoma treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/intraocularmelanoma/patient. Accessed Jan. 5, 2015.
- Kanski JJ, et al. Ocular tumours. In: Clinical Ophthalmology: A Systematic Approach. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Saunders; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 5, 2015.
- Gragoudas ES, et al. Uveal and conjunctival melanomas. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 3, 2015.
- Indoor tanning is not safe. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/skin/basic_info/indoor_tanning.htm. Accessed March 4, 2015.
- Surgical procedures. American Society of Ocularists. http://www.ocularist.org/resources_surgical_procedures.asp. Accessed March 4, 2015.
- Robertson DM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 26, 2015.