Infant jaundice, a yellowing of the skin and eyes, is common after birth. Careful monitoring and treatment is important for preventing rare, but serious, complications.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
June 18, 2016
- Sanyal AJ. General principles of the management of variceal hemorrhage. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 19, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Esophageal and gastric varices. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Sanyal AJ, et al. Prediction of variceal hemorrhage in patients with cirrhosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 19, 2015.
- LaBrecque D, et al. Global guidelines: Esophageal varices. World Gastroenterology Organisation. www.worldgastroenterology.org/.../esophageal-varices/esophageal-varices-English. Accessed Dec. 19, 2015.
- Bajaj JS, et al. Methods to achieve homeostasis in patients with acute variceal hemorrhage. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 19, 2015.
- Varices. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gastrointestinal-disorders/gi-bleeding/varices. Accessed Dec. 19, 2015.
- Runyon BA. Patient information: Esophageal varices (beyond the basics). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 21, 2015.
- Cirrhosis. American Liver Foundation. http://www.liverfoundation.org/abouttheliver/info/cirrhosis/. Accessed Dec. 21, 2015.