Acromegaly is an uncommon hormonal disorder caused by the overproduction of growth hormone. It typically causes signs such as enlarged hands and feet.
Autonomic neuropathy refers to damage to or disease affecting the involuntary nerves.Autonomic neuropathy refers to damage to or disease affecting the involuntary nerves.
Cushing syndrome is caused by an excess of the hormone cortisol, originating from your adrenal glands or from corticosteroid medications you're taking for another illness.
Can an herbal remedy help erectile dysfunction? A guide to tested and untested options.
Wondering about erectile dysfunction medications? Find out whether Viagra, Levitra or Cialis might be a good choice for you.
Is your erectile dysfunction a warning about your heart health? Find out now.
Can't take oral medications for erectile dysfunction? Understand your treatment options.
Hemochromatosis causes your body to store large amounts of iron, which can cause life-threatening complications. The simple treatment is to regularly remove blood.
Kegel exercises aren't just for women. Find out how men can use Kegel exercises to strengthen their pelvic floor muscles.
Low sperm count can cause male infertility. Find out what causes it and how it's treated.
You and your partner want a baby — but your sperm needs help getting the job done. Most couples can still make it happen with the right treatment.
Penile implants can treat erectile dysfunction when medications don't work. Compare your options and find out about surgery.
Curious about the health of your penis? Don't be embarrassed. Consider what it takes to keep your penis healthy.
Peripheral artery disease is a common circulation problem affecting the arteries carrying blood to your limbs. Painful in itself, it could signal larger circulatory problems.
Pituitary tumors are abnormal growths in the pituitary gland in the brain. Most are noncancerous (benign). Some may cause overproduction of hormones and associated problems.
Prolactinoma is a tumor in the pituitary gland that causes overproduction of the hormone prolactin. Too much prolactin can cause infertility or sexual dysfunction.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Feb. 04, 2015
- Cronenwett JL, et al. Rutherford's Vascular Surgery. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier. 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 28, 2014.
- Shamloul R, et al. Erectile dysfunction. The Lancet. 2013;381:153.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 28, 2014.
- Erectile dysfunction. National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/ED/. Accessed Oct. 28, 2014.
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 30, 2014.
- Erectile dysfunction. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Nov. 1, 2014.
- Hidden risks of erectile dysfunction "treatments" sold online. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm048386.htm. Accessed Nov. 2, 2014.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 24, 2014.
- Broderick GA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. Nov. 12, 2014.
- Castle EP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz. Nov. 2, 2014.
- Trost LW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 14, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.