Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
April 21, 2017
- Montague DK, et al. The management of erectile dysfunction: An AUA update. The Journal of Urology. 2005;174:230.
- Erectile dysfunction. Urology Care Foundation. http://www.urologyhealth.org/urologic-conditions/erectile-dysfunction. Accessed Nov. 26, 2016.
- Cunningham GR, et al. Overview of male sexual dysfunction. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 26, 2016.
- Erectile dysfunction. National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/urologic-disease/erectile-dysfunction/Pages/facts.aspx. Accessed Nov. 26, 2016.
- Cohen SD. The challenge of erectile dysfunction management in the young man. Current Urology Reports. 2015;16:84.
- Sexual function in Parkinson's disease. American Parkinson Disease Association. http://www.apdaparkinson.org/sexual-function-in-parkinsons-disease/. Accessed Nov. 29, 2016.
- Besiroglu H, et al. The relationship between metabolic syndrome, its components, and erectile dysfunction: A systematic review and a meta-analysis of observational studies. Journal of Sexual Medicine. 2015;12:1309.
- Hidden risks of erectile dysfunction "treatments" sold online. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm048386.htm. Accessed Nov. 26, 2016.
- Guay AT, et al. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists medical guidelines for clinical practice for the evaluation and treatment of male sexual dysfunction: A couple's problem – 2003 update. Endocrine Practice. 2003;9:77.
- Berookhim BM, et al. Rutherford's Vascular Surgery. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier. 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 30, 2016.
- Nehra A, et al. The Princeton III consensus recommendations for the management of erectile dysfunction and cardiovascular disease. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2012;87:766.
- Ferri FF. Erectile dysfunction. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 30, 2016.
- Brown A. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 6, 2016.
- Trost LW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 7, 2016.
- Silva AB, et al. Physical activity and exercise for erectile dysfunction: Systematic review and meta-analysis. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2016;0:1.
- Kratzik CW, et al. How much physical activity is needed to maintain erectile function? Results of the Androx Vienna Municipality study. European Urology. 2009;55:509.