Half of all women experience a urinary tract infection during their lifetimes. The condition can be a serious health problem when it involves the kidneys.
Coping and support
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Psychotherapy is one way to treat many mental illnesses. See how therapy is used and which type may be best for you.
Jan. 02, 2014
- Ferry GD. Definition, clinical manifestations, and evaluation of functional fecal incontinence in infants and children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 5, 2013.
- Soiling (encopresis). American Academy of Pediatrics. http://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/conditions/emotional-problems/Pages/Soiling-Encopresis.aspx. Accessed Aug. 6, 2013.
- Har AF, et al. Encopresis. Pediatrics in Review. 2010;31:368.
- Ferry GD. Treatment of chronic functional constipation and fecal incontinence in infants and children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 6, 2013.
- Coehlo DP. Encopresis: A medical and family approach. Pediatric Nursing. 2011;37:107.
- Hoecker JL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 13, 2013.
- Granberg CF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 20, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.