Cardiac catheterization is used as a test for some heart conditions and as a procedure to treat some types of heart disease. Find out more.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Dizziness has many possible causes. The cause of dizziness may be simple, or dizziness may be a sign of a more serious disorder.
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Heart palpitations are skipped, fluttering or racing heartbeats that aren't usually a symptom of a serious heart problem. Discover the causes and symptoms of this condition.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Jul. 25, 2012
- Connolly HM. Evaluation and prognosis of Eisenmenger syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed April 19, 2012.
- Connolly HM. Medical management of Eisenmenger syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed April 19, 2012.
- Warnes CA, et al. ACC/AHA 2008 guidelines for the management of adults with congenital heart disease. Circulation. 2008;118:e714.
- Beghetti M, et al. Eisenmenger syndrome: A clinical perspective in a new therapeutic era of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2009;53:733.
- Moons P, et al. Eisenmenger syndrome: A clinical review. European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing. 2009;8:237.
- Trojnarska O, et al. Therapeutic methods used in patients with Eisenmenger syndrome. Cardiology Journal. 2009;16:500.
- Zhang ZN, et al. Oral sildenafil treatment for Eisenmenger syndrome: A prospective, open-label, multicentre study. Heart. 2011;97:1876.
- Birth control methods. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/birth-control-methods.cfm.%20Accessed%20May%209, 2012.
- Bonow RO, et al. Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-0398-6..C2009-0-59734-6--TOP&isbn=978-1-4377-0398-6&about=true&uniqId=236798031-10. Accessed May 31, 2012.
- Burton MJ, et al. Infective endocarditis prevention: Update on 2007 guidelines. The American Journal of Medicine. 2007;11:484.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.