Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Tests and diagnosis
Find out how this battery of blood tests helps your doctor diagnose and monitor liver disease.
July 11, 2015
- Tickborne diseases of the United States — A reference manual for health care providers. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/healthcare/clinicians.html. Accessed June 10, 2015.
- Sexton DJ. Human ehrlichiosis and anaplasmosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 10, 2015.
- Ferri FF. Ehrlichiosis and anaplasmosis. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 10, 2015.
- Papadakis MA, et al., eds. Viral & rickettsial infections. In: Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2015. 54th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed June 10, 2015.
- Lyme disease. American Lyme Disease Foundation. http://aldf.com/lyme-disease/#prevent. Accessed June 20, 2015.
- Preventing tick bites. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/prev/index.html. Accessed June 10, 2015.