Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Itching, sneezing and swelling: Find out what's causing your allergy symptoms.
Anaphylaxis is the most serious type of allergic reaction. It often occurs rapidly after exposure to an allergen and may be life-threatening.
An occasional cough is normal and healthy. A cough that persists for weeks signals an underlying problem.
Dizziness has many possible causes. The cause of dizziness may be simple, or dizziness may be a sign of a more serious disorder.
Hives and angioedema — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of these common allergic disorders.
Low blood pressure (hypotension) can be a sign of good health or of a life-threatening condition. Find out more about hypotension's causes and treatment options.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
Jan. 27, 2015
- Food allergy: An overview. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. http://www.niaid.nih.gov/Pages/publications.aspx. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Wang J, et al. Egg allergy: Clinical features and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Wang J. Egg allergy: Management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Egg allergy. American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. http://www.acaai.org/allergist/allergies/Types/food-allergies/types/Pages/egg-allergy.aspx. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- About food allergies: Egg allergy. Food Allergy Research and Education. http://www.foodallergy.org/allergens/egg-allergy. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Tips for avoiding your allergen. Food Allergy Research and Education. http://www.foodallergy.org/document.doc?id=133. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Sicherer SH. Management of food allergy: Avoidance. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 3, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.