Low blood pressure (hypotension) can be a sign of good health or of a life-threatening condition. Find out more about hypotension's causes and treatment options.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Anaphylaxis is the most serious type of allergic reaction. It often occurs rapidly after exposure to an allergen and may be life-threatening.
Hives and angioedema — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of these common allergic disorders.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
Tests and diagnosis
Itching, sneezing and swelling: Find out what's causing your allergy symptoms.
Jan. 27, 2015
- Food allergy: An overview. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. http://www.niaid.nih.gov/Pages/publications.aspx. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Wang J, et al. Egg allergy: Clinical features and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Wang J. Egg allergy: Management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Egg allergy. American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. http://www.acaai.org/allergist/allergies/Types/food-allergies/types/Pages/egg-allergy.aspx. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- About food allergies: Egg allergy. Food Allergy Research and Education. http://www.foodallergy.org/allergens/egg-allergy. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Tips for avoiding your allergen. Food Allergy Research and Education. http://www.foodallergy.org/document.doc?id=133. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Sicherer SH. Management of food allergy: Avoidance. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 3, 2014.