Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Tests and diagnosis
Cardiac catheterization is used as a test for some heart conditions and as a procedure to treat some types of heart disease. Find out more.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
Sept. 17, 2014
- Attenhofer JCH, et al. Ebstein's anomaly. Circulation. 2007;115:277.
- Fuster V, ed., et al. Hurst's The Heart. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=5. Accessed March 12, 2013.
- Crawford MH, ed., et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Cardiology. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2009. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=3649722. Accessed March 12, 2013.
- Silversides CK, et al. Canadian cardiovascular society 2009 consensus conference on the management of adults with congenital heart disease: Outflow tract obstruction, coarctation of the aorta, tetralogy of Fallot, Ebstein anomaly and Marfan's syndrome. Canadian Journal of Cardiology. 2010;26;e80.
- Zhao W, et al. Pregnancy outcomes in women with Ebstein's anomaly. Archives of Gynecology and Oncology. 2012;286:881.
- Dearani JA, et al. Surgical advances in the treatment of adults with congenital heart disease. Current Opinion in Pediatrics. 2009;21:565.
- Attenhofer Jost CH, et al. Outcome of cardiac surgery in patients 50 years of age or older with Ebstein anomaly. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2012;59;2101.
- Vogel M, et al. Ebstein's malformation of the tricuspid valve: Short-term outcomes of the "Cone Procedure" versus conventional surgery. Congenital Heart Disease. 2012;7:50.
- U.S. News and World Report Best Hospitals: Cardiology & Heart Surgery. U.S. News and World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/cardiology-and-heart-surgery. Accessed March 13, 2013.
- Grogan M (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 17, 2013.
- Dearani JA, et al. Strategies for tricuspid re-repair in Ebstein malformation using the cone technique. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2013;96:202.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 3, 2014.
- Dearani JA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 12, 2014.
- Anderson HN, et al. Cone reconstruction in children with Ebstein anomaly: the Mayo Clinic experience. Congenital Heart Disease. 2014;9:266.
- Boston US, et al. Tricuspid valve repair for Ebstein's anomaly in young children: a 30-year experience. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2006;81:690.
- Brown ML, et al. The outcomes of operations for 539 patients with Ebstein anomaly. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2008;135:1120.
- Brown ML, et al. Effect of operation for Ebstein anomaly on left ventricular function. The American Journal of Cardiology. 2008;102:1724.
- Raju V, et al. Right ventricular unloading for heart failure related to Ebstein malformation. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2014;98:167.