Coping and support
Is your daughter struggling with her body image? Help her become comfortable with her body shape and relate to food in a healthy way.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Treatments and drugs
Looking for a mental health provider but not sure where to start? Here are tips, questions to ask and issues to consider.
Feb. 14, 2015
- Feeding and eating disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Dec. 16, 2014.
- Feed and eating disorders. American Psychiatric Publishing. http://www.dsm5.org/Pages/Default.aspx. Accessed Dec. 18, 2014.
- Complementary, alternative, or integrative health: What's in a name? National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/whatiscam. Accessed Dec. 18, 2014.
- Breuner CC. Complementary, holistic, and integrative medicine: Eating disorders. Pediatrics in Review. 2010;31:e75.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookid=331. Accessed Nov. 13, 2014.
- Campbell K, et al. Eating disorders in children and adolescents: State of the art review. Pediatrics. 2014;134:582.
- Couturier J, et al. Efficacy of family-based treatment for adolescents with eating disorders: A systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2013;46:3.
- Eating disorders. National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/eating-disorders/index.shtml. Accessed Dec. 18, 2014.
- Eating disorders. American Psychiatric Association. http://www.psychiatry.org/eating-disorders. Accessed Dec. 18, 2014.
- Eating disorders. American Psychological Association. http://apa.org/helpcenter/eating.aspx. Accessed Dec. 18, 2014.
- Eating disorders. National Alliance on Mental Illness. http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=By_Illness&Template=ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=65851. Accessed Dec. 18, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 20, 2014.
- McElroy SL, et al. Efficacy and safety of lisdexamfetamine for treatment of adults with moderate to severe binge-eating disorder: A randomized clinical trial. JAMA Psychiatry. In press. Accessed Jan. 14, 2015.
- Sim LA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 4, 2015.
- Hoecker JL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 5, 2015.
- Hensrud DD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 8, 2015.