The Department of Psychiatry and Psychology is conducting research on eating disorders, including research related to improving treatment outcomes, as well as studies to understand the overlap between childhood obesity and eating disorders. The department has a specific focus on integrating the prevention of both eating disorders and obesity in primary care.
See a list of publications on eating disorders published by Mayo doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Feb. 14, 2015
- Feeding and eating disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Dec. 16, 2014.
- Feed and eating disorders. American Psychiatric Publishing. http://www.dsm5.org/Pages/Default.aspx. Accessed Dec. 18, 2014.
- Complementary, alternative, or integrative health: What's in a name? National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/whatiscam. Accessed Dec. 18, 2014.
- Breuner CC. Complementary, holistic, and integrative medicine: Eating disorders. Pediatrics in Review. 2010;31:e75.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookid=331. Accessed Nov. 13, 2014.
- Campbell K, et al. Eating disorders in children and adolescents: State of the art review. Pediatrics. 2014;134:582.
- Couturier J, et al. Efficacy of family-based treatment for adolescents with eating disorders: A systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2013;46:3.
- Eating disorders. National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/eating-disorders/index.shtml. Accessed Dec. 18, 2014.
- Eating disorders. American Psychiatric Association. http://www.psychiatry.org/eating-disorders. Accessed Dec. 18, 2014.
- Eating disorders. American Psychological Association. http://apa.org/helpcenter/eating.aspx. Accessed Dec. 18, 2014.
- Eating disorders. National Alliance on Mental Illness. http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=By_Illness&Template=ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=65851. Accessed Dec. 18, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 20, 2014.
- McElroy SL, et al. Efficacy and safety of lisdexamfetamine for treatment of adults with moderate to severe binge-eating disorder: A randomized clinical trial. JAMA Psychiatry. In press. Accessed Jan. 14, 2015.
- Sim LA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 4, 2015.
- Hoecker JL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 5, 2015.
- Hensrud DD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 8, 2015.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.