Doctors don't know what causes Dupuytren's contracture. There's no evidence that hand injuries or occupations that involve vibrations to the hands cause the condition.
July 06, 2016
- Aggarwal R, et al. Dupuytren's contracture. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 9, 2015.
- Dupuytren's contracture. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00008. Accessed Aug. 9, 2015.
- Dupuytren's disease. American Society for Surgery of the Hand. http://www.assh.org/handcare/hand-arm-conditions/dupuytren-disease. Accessed Aug. 10, 2015.
- Trojian T, et al. Dupuytren's disease: Diagnosis and treatment. American Family Physician. 2007;76:86.
- Amadio PC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 13, 2015.