Though psoriasis can be uncomfortable and sometimes painful, you can take steps to improve your symptoms.
Lifestyle and home remedies
Oct. 27, 2016
- Moncrieff G, et al. Use of emollients in dry-skin conditions: Consensus statement. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology. 2013;38:231.
- Dry skin. American Osteopathic College of Dermatology. http://www.aocd.org/page/DrySkin. Accessed July 2, 2016.
- Dry skin. American Academy of Dermatology. https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/dry-sweaty-skin/dry-skin. Accessed July 2, 2016.
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Cosmetics and skin care in dermatology. In: Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y. The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed July 2, 2016.
- Fazio SB, et al. Pruritus: Overview of management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 1, 2016.
- Berger TG, et al. Pruritus in the older patient: A clinical review. JAMA. 2013;310:2443.
- Papadakis MA, et al., eds. Dermatologic disorders. In: Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2016. 55th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2016. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed July 2, 2016.