Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Find out what you can expect before and after your colectomy surgery.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Here's information about common causes of diarrhea and when to see your doctor.
Eat more fiber. You've probably heard it before. But do you know why fiber is so good for your health?
Can't afford a gym membership? Use these tips to get in shape without breaking your budget.
Ready to get fit? Put together a winning workout with these easy steps.
Intestinal gas can be embarrassing and sometimes painful. But a few simple measures can often provide relief.
Aug. 07, 2014
- Young Fadok T, et al. Colonic diverticulosis and diverticular disease: Epidemiology, risk factors, and pathogenesis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 7, 2014.
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 7, 2014.
- Pemberton JH, et al. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of acute diverticulitis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 7, 2014.
- Bailey MB, et al. Morbid obesity and diverticulitis: Results from the ACS NSQIP dataset. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2013;217:834.
- Young Fadok T, et al. Treatment of acute diverticulitis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 7, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. What is the initial therapy for uncomplicated diverticulitis? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Picco MF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan.17, 2014.
- Boostrom SY, et al. Uncomplicated diverticulitis, more complicated than we thought. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. 2012;16:1744.
- Diverticular Disease. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/diverticulosis/index.aspx. Accessed Jan. 7, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.