Treatments and drugs
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most common types of psychotherapy. It focuses on specific issues and goals to improve your life.
Psychotherapy is one way to treat many mental illnesses. See how therapy is used and which type may be best for you.
March 26, 2014
- Dissociative disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Oct. 28, 2013.
- Highlights of changes from DSM-IV-TR to DSM-5. American Psychiatric Association. http://www.dsm5.org/Documents/changes%20from%20dsm-iv-tr%20to%20dsm-5.pdf. Accessed Oct. 8, 2013.
- Dissociative disorders. National Alliance on Mental Illness. http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=By_Illness&Template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=26975. Accessed Oct. 28, 2013.
- Dissociative disorders. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/sec15/ch197/ch197a.html. Accessed Oct. 28, 2013.
- What is a dissociative disorder? Sidran Institute. http://www.sidran.org/sub.cfm?contentID=75§ionid=4. Accessed Oct. 28, 2013.
- Palmer BA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 4, 2013.