Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Treatments and drugs
What first-aid steps to take for dislocation of a joint.
Jan. 25, 2014
- Marx JA, et al. Rosen's Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 31, 2013.
- Sherman SC. Shoulder dislocation and reduction. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 31, 2013.
- Joshi SV. Digit dislocation reduction. http://www.update.com/home. Accessed July 31, 2013.
- Elbow dislocation. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00029. Accessed Aug. 1, 2013.
- Laskowski ER (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 6, 2013.
- Moore BR, et al. Recognition and initial management of lateral patellar dislocation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Aug. 1, 2013.
- Canale ST, et al. Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2013. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 1, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.