Preparing for your appointment

By Mayo Clinic Staff

If you or your child has a dislocated elbow, you'll probably seek medical attention in a hospital's emergency department or at an urgent care center. If the injury involves broken bones, you may be referred to an orthopedic surgeon.

What to expect from your doctor

During the exam, your doctor may ask how the injury occurred and if the joint has ever been dislocated before.

June 05, 2012

You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic

Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.