In some cases, DiGeorge syndrome may be passed from an affected parent to a child. If you're concerned about a family history of DiGeorge syndrome, or if you already have a child with DiGeorge syndrome, you may wish to consult a doctor who specializes in genetic disorders (geneticist) or a genetic counselor for help in planning future pregnancies.
Aug. 09, 2011
- Routes JM. Pulmonary complications of primary immunodeficiencies. In: Mason RJ, et al. Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/192068760-2/0/1288/0.html. Accessed June 27, 2011.
- DiGeorge Syndrome. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/sec13/ch164/ch164h.html. Accessed June 27, 2011.
- Seroogy C. DiGeorge syndrome: Pathogenesis, epidemiology, and clinical manifestations. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed June 27, 2011.
- Seroogy C. DiGeorge syndrome: Evaluation, diagnosis, and management. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed June 27, 2011.
- Sullivan KE. Chromosome 22q11.2 deletion syndrome: DiGeorge syndrome/velocardiofacial syndrome. Immunology and Allergy Clinics of North America. 2008;28:353.
- Buckley RH. Primary defects of cellular immunity. In: Kliegman RM. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed June 27, 2011.
- Chromosome 22. Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/chromosome=22. Accessed June 27, 2011.
- Shprintzen RJ. Velo-cardio-facial syndrome: 30 years of study. Developmental Disabilities Research Reviews. 2008;14:3.
- Boyce TG (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 29, 2011.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.