Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for digestive disorders.
Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience with short bowel syndrome. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors care for nearly 350 people with short bowel syndrome.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's gastroenterology and hepatology expertise and rankings.
Aug. 25, 2017
- Feldman M, et al. Short bowel syndrome. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 20, 2016.
- Wyllie R, et al., eds. Short bowel syndrome. In: Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 20, 2016.
- Carroll RE, et al. Management and complications of short bowel syndrome: An updated review. Current Gastroenterology Reports. 2016;18:40.
- DiBaise JK. Short bowel syndrome and small bowel transplantation. Current Opinion in Gastroenterology. 2014;30:128.
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 25, 2016.
- U.S. News best hospitals 2016-2017. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/mn/mayo-clinic-6610451/gastroenterology-and-gi-surgery. Accessed Sept. 6, 2016.