- Experience and expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors have significant expertise and experience, treating more than 2,500 people with diabetic nephropathy each year.
- Team approach. Your multispecialty team may include experts from nephrology, hypertension, endocrinology and other areas. In Minnesota, Mayo Clinic's Chronic Kidney Disease Clinic provides comprehensive care, including a therapy plan tailored to your needs.
- Newest research. Mayo researchers in the Division of Nephrology and Hypertension work together both nationally and internationally on clinical trials to help develop new treatments and understand the underlying causes of diabetic nephropathy. They also serve on the Mayo Nephrology Collaborative Group, a national network for clinical research on kidney disease.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for kidney disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., ranks among the Best Hospitals for kidney disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for kidney disorders by U.S. News & World Report.
May 28, 2014
- Alpern RJ, et al. Seldin and Giebisch's The Kidney. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 17, 2014.
- Kidney disease and diabetes. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Diabetes/WhyDiabetesMatters/Kidney-Disease-Diabetes_UCM_313867_Article.jsp. Accessed Feb. 17, 2014.
- Kidney disease (nephropathy). American Diabetes Association. http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/complications/kidney-disease-nephropathy.html. Accessed Feb. 17, 2014.
- Taal MW, et al. Brenner and Rector's The Kidney. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 17, 2014.
- Fatehi P, et al. Diagnostic approach to the patient with acute kidney injury (acute renal failure) or chronic kidney disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 17, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 17, 2014.