Addison's disease occurs when your adrenal glands produce insufficient amounts of certain important hormones. Treatment may include taking corticosteroids.
A diabetic coma is a medical emergency. Minimize the effects with prompt treatment.
Fetal macrosomia — Overview covers risk factors and complications related to delivering a large baby.
Heart palpitations are skipped, fluttering or racing heartbeats that aren't usually a symptom of a serious heart problem. Discover the causes and symptoms of this condition.
Apr. 03, 2012
- Cryer PE. Hypoglycemia. In: Kronenberg HM, et al. Williams Textbook of Endocrinology. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/191205553-3/0/1555/0.html#. Accessed Jan. 19, 2012.
- Cryer PE. Management of hypoglycemia during treatment of diabetes mellitus. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Jan. 17, 2012.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose). American Diabetes Association. http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/hypoglycemia-low-blood.html. Accessed Jan. 17, 2012.
- Hypoglycemia. National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse. http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/hypoglycemia/index.aspx. Accessed Jan. 17, 2012.
- Yakubovich N, et al. Serious cardiovascular outcomes in diabetes: The role of hypoglycemia. Circulation. 2011;123:342.
- Fowler MJ. The diabetes treatment trap: Hypoglycemia. Clinical Diabetes. 2011;29:36.
- Collazo-Clavell ML (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 24, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.