- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, general surgeons, oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists and pathologists work as a multidisciplinary team to care for people with desmoplastic tumors. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Though desmoplastic small round cell tumors are rare, Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience diagnosing and treating these cancers.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to people with desmoplastic tumors includes surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and stem cell transplant.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
May 27, 2014
- Goldblum JR, et al. Enzinger and Weiss's Soft Tissue Tumors. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 20, 2014.
- Jordan AH, et al. Management of desmoplastic small round-cell tumors in children and young adults. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology. 2012;34(suppl):S73.
- Arora VC, et al. Characteristic imaging features of desmoplastic small round cell tumour. Pediatric Radiology. 2013;43:93.