- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, surgeons work closely with experts in pathology, radiology, oncology and radiation oncology to care for people with desmoid tumors. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Although desmoid tumors are rare, Mayo Clinic doctors have experience diagnosing and treating desmoid tumors.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to people with desmoid tumors includes surgery, radiation, chemotherapy and other medications.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
May. 27, 2014
- Walczak BE, et al. Desmoid: The role of local therapy in an era of systemic options. Current Treatment Options in Oncology. 2013;14:465.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 20, 2013.
- Devata S, et al. Desmoid tumors: A comprehensive review of the evolving biology, unpredictable behavior and myriad of management options. Hematology/Oncology Clinics of North America. 2013;27:989.
- Bonvalot S, et al. The treatment of desmoid tumors: A stepwise clinical approach. Annals of Oncology. 2012;23(suppl):x158.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.