Egg allergy can cause a serious reaction in children and adults. Here's how to recognize egg allergy symptoms, and what to do if a severe reaction occurs.
Irresistible urges to repetitively count, check or wash are common obsessive-compulsive disorder symptoms. Treatment can help, so don't let shame hold you back.
Peanut allergy can be serious. Find out what you need to know to prevent a life-threatening reaction.
Poison ivy can cause an itchy, blistering rash. Several self-care methods can help treat this irritating rash and reduce your discomfort.
Stubborn, itchy dandruff can be a sign of seborrheic dermatitis. Find out what you can do to treat this flaky skin condition.
Jan. 02, 2015
- Wolff K, et al. Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology. 7th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookId=682. Accessed March 24, 2014.
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookid=392. Accessed March 24, 2014.
- Eichenfield LF, et al. Guidelines of care for the management of atopic dermatitis: Section 1. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2014;70:338.
- Eichenfield LF, et al. Guidelines of care for the management of atopic dermatitis: Section 2. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2014;71:116.
- Sidbury R, et al. Guidelines of care for the management of atopic dermatitis: Section 3. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2014;71:327.
- Pride HB, et al. What's new in pediatric dermatology? Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2013;68:899.e1.
- Bovine cartilage. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Sept. 17, 2014.
- Rice bran. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Sept. 17, 2014.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 10, 2013.
- Atopic dermatitis. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Disorders. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Atopic_Dermatitis/default.asp. Accessed Sept. 17, 2014.
- Wong S, et al. Efficacy and safety of sodium hypochlorite (bleach) baths in patients with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis in Malaysia. Journal of Dermatology. 2013;40:874.
- Ibler KS, et al. Hand eczema: Prevalence and risk factors of hand eczema in a population of 2,274 health care workers. Contact Dermatitis. 2012;67:200.
- Rakel D. Integrative Medicine. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 7, 2014.
- Pizzorno JE, et al. Textbook of Natural Medicine. 4th ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 20, 2014.
- Diphenhydramine. MedlinePlus. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682539.html. Accessed Nov. 17, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.