- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in sleep medicine evaluate and treat hundreds of people with delayed sleep-wake phase disorder and other sleep disorders each year.
- Specialized sleep centers. The Center for Sleep Medicine is located at the Mayo Clinic campus in Rochester, Minnesota. It has 24 beds for diagnosing and treating sleep disorders in adults and children. Mayo Clinic also has a Sleep Disorders Center in Arizona and a Sleep Disorders Center in Florida.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery and for psychiatry by U.S. News & World Report.
Aug. 25, 2017
- Auger RR. Delayed sleep-wake phase disorder. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 2, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Circadian rhythm sleep disorders. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2017.
- Feldman MD, et al., eds. Sleep disorders. In: Behavioral Medicine: A Guide for Clinical Practice. 4th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw Hill Companies; 2014. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. Accessed May 2, 2017.
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Sleep disorders. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. Accessed May 2, 2017.
- Richardson CE, et al. Can exercise regulate the circadian system of adolescents? Novel implications for the treatment of delayed sleep-wake phase disorder. Sleep Medicine. In Press. Accessed May 2, 2017.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 24, 2014.
- Auger RR, et al. Clinical practice guideline for the treatment of intrinsic circadian rhythm sleep-wake disorders: Advanced sleep-wake phase disorder (ASWPD), delayed sleep-wake phase disorder (DSWPD), non-24-hour sleep-wake rhythm disorder (N24SWD), and irregular sleep-wake rhythm disorder (ISWRD). An Update for 2015. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine. 2015;11:1199.