ComplicationsBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Complications of delayed ejaculation can include:
April 17, 2015
- Diminished sexual pleasure for a man or his partner
- Stress or anxiety about sexual performance
- Marital or relationship problems due to an unsatisfactory sex life
- Inability to get your partner pregnant (male infertility)
- Sexual dysfunctions. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed March 19, 2015.
- McMahon CG. Management of ejaculatory dysfunction. Internal Medicine Journal. 2014;44:124.
- Ferri FF. Ejaculation and orgasm disorders. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 18, 2015.
- Althof SE. Psychological interventions for delayed ejaculation/orgasm. International Journal of Impotence Research. 2012;24:131.
- Calabro RS. Pregabalin-induced severe delayed ejaculation. Epilepsy & Behavior. 2010;19:543.
- Nippoldt TB (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 28, 2015.