Stubborn, itchy dandruff can be a sign of seborrheic dermatitis. Find out what you can do to treat this flaky skin condition.
Lifestyle and home remedies
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Jan. 23, 2014
- Sasseville D. Seborrheic dermatitis in adolescents and adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 2, 2013.
- Dandruff. American Osteopathic College of Dermatology. http://www.aocd.org/?page=Dandruff&hhSearchTerms=Dandruff. Accessed July 2, 2013.
- Seborrheic dermatitis. American Osteopathic College of Dermatology. http://www.aocd.org/?page=SeborrheicDermatiti. Accessed July 2, 2013.
- Dessinioti C, et al. Seborrheic dermatitis: Etiology, risk factors, and treatments: Facts and controversies. Clinics in Dermatology. 2013;31:343.
- Types of eczema: Seborrheic dermatitis. EczemaNet. http://www.skincarephysicians.com/eczemanet/seborrheic_dermatitis.html. Accessed July 2, 2013.
- Contact dermatitis. American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. http://www.acaai.org/allergist/allergies/Types/skin-allergies/Pages/contact-dermatitis.aspx. Accessed July 3, 2013.
- Tea tree oil: Side effects and cautions. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/tea/treeoil.htm?nav=gsa#science. Accessed July 3, 2013.
- Pazyar N, et al. A review of applications of tea tree oil in dermatology. International Journal of Dermatology. 2013;52:784.