Stubborn, itchy dandruff can be a sign of seborrheic dermatitis. Find out what you can do to treat this flaky skin condition.
Lifestyle and home remedies
Jan. 23, 2014
- Sasseville D. Seborrheic dermatitis in adolescents and adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 2, 2013.
- Dandruff. American Osteopathic College of Dermatology. http://www.aocd.org/?page=Dandruff&hhSearchTerms=Dandruff. Accessed July 2, 2013.
- Seborrheic dermatitis. American Osteopathic College of Dermatology. http://www.aocd.org/?page=SeborrheicDermatiti. Accessed July 2, 2013.
- Dessinioti C, et al. Seborrheic dermatitis: Etiology, risk factors, and treatments: Facts and controversies. Clinics in Dermatology. 2013;31:343.
- Types of eczema: Seborrheic dermatitis. EczemaNet. http://www.skincarephysicians.com/eczemanet/seborrheic_dermatitis.html. Accessed July 2, 2013.
- Contact dermatitis. American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. http://www.acaai.org/allergist/allergies/Types/skin-allergies/Pages/contact-dermatitis.aspx. Accessed July 3, 2013.
- Tea tree oil: Side effects and cautions. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/tea/treeoil.htm?nav=gsa#science. Accessed July 3, 2013.
- Pazyar N, et al. A review of applications of tea tree oil in dermatology. International Journal of Dermatology. 2013;52:784.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.