Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Oct. 13, 2016
- What is cystic fibrosis? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/cf. Accessed July 1, 2016.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Cystic fibrosis. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 13, 2016.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Cystic fibrosis. In: Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 20th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 13, 2016.
- National Library of Medicine. Cystic fibrosis. Genetics Home Reference. https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/cystic-fibrosis. Accessed May 3, 2016.
- What is bronchiectasis? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/brn. Accessed April 13, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Cystic fibrosis. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Katkin JP. Cystic fibrosis: Clinical manifestations and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 13, 2016.
- Katkin JP. Cystic fibrosis: Genetics and pathogenesis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 28, 2016.
- Anatomic problems of the lower GI tract. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/anatomic-colon/Pages/facts.aspx#Intussusception. Accessed June 24, 2016.
- Simon RH. Cystic fibrosis: Overview of the treatment of lung disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 13, 2016.
- Simon RH, et al. Cystic fibrosis: Investigational therapies. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 28, 2016.
- Quon BS, et al. New and emerging targeted therapies for cystic fibrosis. BMJ. 2016;352:i859.
- Elborn JS. Cystic fibrosis. Lancet. In press. Accessed June 15, 2016.
- Orkambi (prescribing information). Boston, Mass.: Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc.; 2016. http://pi.vrtx.com/files/uspi_lumacaftor_ivacaftor.pdf. Accessed June 30, 2016.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 8, 2016.
- Erasmus DB (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. Aug. 4, 2016.