A sleep disorder can affect your overall health, safety and quality of life.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most common types of psychotherapy. It focuses on specific issues and goals to improve your life.
A complete blood count can be used to evaluate your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Illness, conflicts and emotional turmoil can disrupt relationships with your partner, children or parents. See how family therapy might help.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Stressed out? Try meditation. Learn easy, quick techniques that you can use at work, waiting in line or virtually anywhere.
Psychotherapy is one way to treat many mental illnesses. See how therapy is used and which type may be best for you.
Understand the warning signs and causes of suicide. You may be able to save a life — possibly your own.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Jun. 13, 2012
- Cyclothymic disorder. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-IV-TR. 4th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2000. http://www.psychiatryonline.com. Accessed May 1, 2012.
- Stovall J. Bipolar disorder in adults: Epidemiology and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed April 30, 2012.
- Hales RE, et al. The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychiatry. 5th ed. Washington, D.C.: American Psychiatric Publishing; 2008. http://www.psychiatryonline.com/resourceToc.aspx?resourceID=5. Accessed May 1, 2012.
- Muzina DJ. Bipolar spectrum disorder: Differential diagnosis and treatment. Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice. 2007;34:521.
- Stovall J. Bipolar disorder in adults: Pharmacotherapy for acute mania, mixed episodes, and hypomania. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed May 1, 2012.
- Ebert MH, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Psychiatry. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2008. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=10. Accessed May 1, 2012.
- Hall-Flavin DK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 31, 2012.
- Kung S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 28, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.