You normally lose about 10 cups (2.4 liters) of water every day — much more during exercise or illness. Learn how to stay hydrated.
Here's information about common causes of diarrhea and when to see your doctor.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Muscle pain can occur just about anywhere in your body, and there are lots of potential causes.
Sep. 17, 2014
- Mandell GL, et al. Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2010. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 14, 2014.
- Cyclosporiasis FAQs. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/cyclosporiasis/gen_info/faqs.html. Accessed July 14, 2014.
- Weller PF, et al. Cyclospora infection. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 14, 2014.
- Dehydration danger for older adults. Environmental Protection Agency. http://www.epa.gov/naturaldisasters/dehydration.html. Accessed July 16, 2014.
- Dehydration in children. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pediatrics/dehydration_and_fluid_therapy_in_children/dehydration_in_children.html?qt=dehydration&alt=sh. Accessed July 16, 2014.
- Overview of gastroenteritis. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gastrointestinal_disorders/gastroenteritis/overview_of_gastroenteritis.html#v893179. Accessed July 16, 2014.
- Cyclosporiasis — Resources for health professionals. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/cyclosporiasis/health_professionals/tx.html. Accessed July 17, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.