A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Gamma Knife radiosurgery gives doctors pinpoint accuracy in treating a number of brain disorders, all without ever opening the skull.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to various life-threatening conditions. But it's easily detected — and you can work with your doctor to control it.
Hirsutism refers to excessive hair growth in women. Possibly a result of elevated male hormones, hirsutism is often caused by an underlying condition.
You and your partner want a baby — but your sperm needs help getting the job done. Most couples can still make it happen with the right treatment.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Stretch marks — Comprehensive overview covers causes, symptoms and treatments.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Mar. 28, 2013
- Stratakis CA. Cushing syndrome in pediatrics. Endocrinology Metabolism Clinics of North America. 2012;41:793.
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1445/0.html. Accessed Jan. 2, 2013.
- Guaraldi F, et al. Cushing syndrome: Maybe not so uncommon of an endocrine disease. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2012;25:199.
- Mazziotti G, et al. Diabetes in Cushing syndrome: Basic and clinical aspects. Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2011;22:499.
- Nieman LK. Overview of the treatment of Cushing's syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 1, 2013.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed Jan. 2, 2013.
- Cushing's syndrome. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://www.endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/cushings/cushings.aspx. Accessed Jan. 2, 2013.
- Nieman LK. Causes and pathophysiology of Cushing's syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 1, 2013.
- The Surgeon General's report on bone health and osteoporosis: What it means to you. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/health_info/bone/SGR/surgeon_generals_report.asp. Accessed Jan. 2, 2013.
- Nippoldt TB (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 24, 2013.
- FDA approves Korlym for patients with endogenous Cushing's syndrome. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm292462.htm. Accessed Jan. 25, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.