You normally lose about 10 cups (2.4 liters) of water every day — much more during exercise or illness. Learn how to stay hydrated.
Tests and diagnosis
Find out how this battery of blood tests helps your doctor diagnose and monitor liver disease.
Jan. 02, 2014
- Ray CG, et al. Sherris Medical Microbiology. 5th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=6948349. Accessed Oct. 18, 2013.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed Oct. 18, 2013.
- Leder K, et al. Epidemiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis of cryptosporidiosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 18, 2013.
- Cryptosporidiosis: Prevention & control. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/crypto/prevention.html. Accessed Oct. 20, 2013.
- Greenberger NJ, et al., eds. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Gastroenterology, Hepatology, & Endoscopy. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=55955421. Accessed Oct. 18, 2013.
- Shirley DT, et al. Burden of disease from cryptosporidiosis. Current Opinion in Infectious Disease. 2012;25:555.
- Leder K, et al. Treatment and prevention of cryptosporidiosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 18, 2013.