Wondering how to keep your bones strong and healthy? Follow these tips to take care of your bones.
Lifestyle and home remedies
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Aug. 07, 2017
- What is Crohn's disease? Crohn's and Colitis Foundation. http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/what-are-crohns-and-colitis/what-is-crohns-disease/. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Inflammatory bowel disease. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Ferri FF. Crohn disease. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Crohn's disease. Gastrointestinal Society. http://www.badgut.org/information-centre/a-z-digestive-topics/crohns-disease/. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Feldman M, et al. Crohn's disease. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Peppercorn MA, et al. Clinical manifestations, diagnosis and prognosis of Crohn disease in adults. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed May 11, 2017.
- Crohn's disease. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestive-diseases/crohns-disease. Accessed May 12, 2017.
- What is colorectal cancer screening? Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/colorectal/basic_info/screening/. Accessed May 12, 2017.
- Management of Crohn's disease in adults. Bethesda, Md.: American College of Gastroenterology. http://gi.org/guideline/management-of-crohnâs-disease-in-adults/. Accessed May 13, 2017.
- Crohn's disease. Natural Medicines. https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com. Accessed May 12, 2017.
- Fleshner PR. Operative management of Crohn disease of the small bowel, colon, and rectum. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 11, 2017.
- Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). Crohn's and Colitis Foundation. http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/resources/complementary-alternative.html. Accessed May 14, 2017.
- Lichtenstein L, et al. Probiotics and prebiotics in Crohn's disease therapies. Best Practice & Research Clinical Gastroenterology. 2016;30:81.
- Brown A. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 3, 2017.
- Diet, nutrition, and inflammatory bowel disease. Crohn's and Colitis Foundation. http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/resources/diet-and-nutrition.html. Accessed May 15, 2017.
- Rajan E (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 4, 2017.