Tests and diagnosis
Genetic testing is used to detect altered genes that may cause illness or disease. Although genetic testing can offer important health information, it has limitations.
Sept. 30, 2013
- Burokas L. Craniosynostosis: Caring for infants and their families. Critical Care Nurse. 2013;33:39.
- Craniosynostosis information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/craniosynostosis/craniosynostosis.htm. Accessed Aug. 1, 2013.
- Buchanan EP, et al. Overview of craniosynostosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 1, 2013.
- Craniosynostosis and craniofacial disorders. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Conditions%20and%20Treatments/Craniosynostosis%20and%20Craniofacial%20Disorders.aspx. Accessed Aug. 1, 2013.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 21, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.