If your baby's cradle cap doesn't improve with self-care measures or starts to spread, make an appointment with your baby's pediatrician. Here's some information to help you prepare for your visit.
What you can do
Your baby's doctor will want to know:
Nov. 13, 2012
- How long your baby has had cradle cap
- What you've done to treat it
- How often you shampoo your baby's hair
- What products you've tried
- Sasseville D. Cradle cap and seborrheic dermatitis in infants. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Sept. 21, 2012.
- South-Paul JE, et al.. Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Family Medicine. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=52. Accessed Sept. 21, 2012.
- Sheffield RC, et al. Clinical inquiries. What's the best treatment for cradle cap? Journal of Family Practice. 2007;56:232.
- O'Connor N, et al. Newborn skin: Part I. Common rashes. American Family Physician 2008;77:4.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.